How to stay and act cool in school
To stay and act cool in school is something that will take a lot of practice, time and patience to achieve. All of us want to be well liked, have lots of friends and be real hip but not all of us are willing to put in the hard work and effort that goes into getting what we want. To be popular (read cool) in school does not necessarily mean that you have to be flippant or offhand and do something outlandish. You can stay and act normal and still be considered quite with it. Here’s how.
A few suggestions
- Remember you do not need to hurt people’s feelings and be rude to be different and cool. There are many other positive ways to show your individuality.
- It is nice to wear clothes that are considered fashionable but it does not necessarily mean that you have to burn a hole in your wallet to achieve the look. All fashions do not suit everybody, so do not blindly follow the dictates of the newest trend, instead improvise and use ingenuity to come up with something original that both looks good and is different.
- Be polite and pleasant to everyone. Just as being rude and offensive is not in, bending over backwards to please people is categorically out so be civil and courteous in your social interaction but learn to say no when you need to or else you will have people using you as a doormat.
- Then again you may want to dress weird and look like a punk because that is the way you are. It is absolutely all right as long as you remember to behave well and act gracious.
- Being cool does not give you the license to act and behave in any which manner that you like. So behave like an adult and take responsibility for your actions.
- Cultivate the art of conversation and the ability of listening to people.
- Don’t ever make fun of people who you think are not as cool as you and your friends.