How to act and behave like a normal teenager
To act and behave like a normal teenager is probably one of the most abnormal things to do in this day and age. In fact kids who have not done drugs, smoked or had sex by the time they are seventeen are probably in the minority and would be considered as indulging in abnormal behavior. In fact there is no such thing as a normal teenager just lot of different ones who form a cohesive group – the teens. You do not need to compromise your values and stifle your conscience to do something that your peers are doing because you want to belong and be like them. Here are some pointers to guide you.
A few suggestions
- Find out what you like to do and be comfortable with that. If you like your hair really short while everyone around you is wearing long and gelled hairstyles, suit yourself and do what pleases you and not what pleases others.
- Have the confidence to stick by your choice and be comfortable with it. If you like listening to Beatles when all your friends are into punk, well let them be. They might tease you and make fun of you for a while but once they realize that you are in earnest they will leave you alone and respect your choice, who knows they might get influenced and start listening to Beatles themselves.
- Find people who think like you to avoid feeling isolated but don’t be discouraged if you don’t. If you have the courage to do what you want to do then you are a person who is probably very happy with themselves and not really craving company.
- Little children and teenagers can be very cruel and unthinking. Be prepared to be ridiculed and made fun of; take it in your stride.
- Remember if you try hard and with all your best intentions, people will respect you no matter what.
- Be a good student and get good grades if that’s what pleases you and forget everyone else.
- Don’t let people’s opinions and teasing get to you.
- Don’t do anything that makes you uncomfortable just so you can belong to a group.